Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saint Ben

I haven't read any books for awhile but I thought I could write about one of my favorite books. Saint Ben by John Fischer is one of my favorite novels. I have read it several times, own a copy of it, and would recommend it to anyone. The story takes place in 1958 in Pasadena and is the story of two boys, Ben and Jonathan. Jonathan and Ben become friends when Ben's father becomes the pastor of the church that Jonathan and his family attends. This story about friendship, faith and growing up. John Fischer does a great job telling the story. If you want to know more about the story you could look on John Fischer's website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked that book too. I think it is because Fischer tells the story with skill and candor, including spiritual issues in a natural way.