Monday, December 22, 2008

three more

Marvin's Best Christmas Present Ever by Katherine Paterson is a book I picked up to read to my students. I like it because it is an I Can Read Book and the story has enough surprises in it to make the students pay attention. I will be looking for more books about Marvin.
N is for Navidad by Susan Middleton Elya and Merry Banks and illustrated by Joe Cepeda is a fun alphabet book. My English language learners enjoy it because each letter of the alphabet stands for a Spanish word having to do with Christmas. If you have ejoyed any other books by Elya, you will enjoy this one as well. Cepeda also does an excellent job with the illustrations.
Merry Christmas, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff is a board book that focuses on counting. I enjoyed listening to my brother-in-law read it to his son because he added his own sound effects, which made me laugh. A beginning reader would also enjoy this book because the text is short and the pictures would help them figure out the more difficult words.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

more books with mice being portrayed as cute. what's up with that??? merry christmas to you, too! I can't wait to see you next week.