Friday, February 3, 2012

cozy ragtime quilt

This is my latest quilt. It is the first time I made a ragtime quilt. It isn't something I thought about making until I saw the one my sister made last March (click here to see the picture). I like it because it is not flannel fabric. This is a closer view of the front, and below is one of the back. The squares are 4 inch finished with half inch seams for the frayed part.I washed it once, but the quilt does leave strings everywhere it goes. It should get better after a few washings. This one is a keeper.

3 comments:

cydney said...

It is very cute, Clair. I like the colors a lot. I appreciate doing these quilts because they go so quickly and they don't show mistakes quite so much :)

Allison said...

love the colors in your quilt :) I have never made a ragquilt, but yours looks so cozy!

Amanda Jean said...

i'm glad that you think it's a keeper! it turned out wonderfully.

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday! that made me smile. :)