Monday, March 17, 2014

weekend sewing

Sewing for me is often reserved for weekends because I have bigger chunks of time to work on projects.  Here is a pot holder I made for a bridal shower I went to on Saturday afternoon.  It doesn't take long to make one of these and it makes the gift unique.

A few simple bags I will use as gifts.  Sometimes when I am giving a bag like this as a gift, I make several so the recipient can choose the one that she likes best.  I have been making these kinds of bags for at least three years and like how quickly they go together. 
And the binding I put on a coworker's king sized quilt.  She doesn't like binding and I don't mind it.  This is the third quilt I have done the binding on in exchange for home cooked meals.  Binding a king sized quilt is a bit different than most of the ones that I make for myself.  King sized quilts are just so BIG.  I haven't ever made anything of that size and have no plans to do so anytime soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute potholder.

I'm still using the bag you gave me - and continue to get compliments on it.